Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Scrappy Goals-One Little Word and more.

Yep it's that time of the year to think about what I want to achieve this year. I pondered a bit on this during the last 2 weeks of December. Goals were discussed with my husband on the ride home from Tammy's after Christmas. I think I have a doable list this year :)
Scrappy Goals:
  •  Get the Scrap Corner organized-especially the embellishment section of it.
  • Upload photos weekly/ print monthly (something I learned for a Shimelle class except she did biweekly for printing)
  • Finish boughten Classes
  • Printed photos on hand get organized/need to locate information and add that with them as I organize them. date and any story I may want to tell
  • Do unfinished Projects around the room:
  1.  December Dailies (I think I have 4 of them prepped that need done) and this year's getting done this month
  2. 2 Road Trip Albums
  3. 2004 Flood Album
  4. Before You Album
  5. Project Life Album (2013?)
  • Work on current albums : 2016 and 2017
  • Goal of 250 layouts (I did 199 this past year so a doable goal)
  • Use up atleast 3 paper pads before I buy a new one so a good goal 3 to1 throughout my scrappy stash.
All are doable goals that could be accomplished this year if I stay on track. This year seems to be more scrapping for us and our adventures than the grandkids but I will be getting them done within working on current albums. So this week I need to gather a list of all my classes (thinking that doing all of them over 2 years is doable) so I can get an idea of the ones I want to get done and in what order. With plans of the 1st class being Shimelle's Cover to Cover class.

Household Goals:
  • Clean out upstairs back room that I store stuff in: Sort for yard sale, Purge/Trash, Keep piles. Also ebay my Mom's Jewelry (an obligation I've had since she passed on that seem to gotten put on the back burner) and ebay my business stuff since retiring from that.
  • Clean out both trucks: Sort for yard sale, Purge/Trash, Keep piles. Ebay anything worth ebaying.
  • (My husband) wants to get the back porch area under roof and enclosed, so expecting to help with that
  • Start cleaning out the house a room at a time eliminating what isn't needed
Personal Goals:
  • To continue my walk with God
  • to take time to read this year (I didn't do much of that in 2016 and sure did miss it)
  • walks with Buddy
  • to keep exercising my knee to continue strengthening it and getting it strong. (tough getting older sometimes)

My One Little Word this Year is COMPLETE

The definition:
com·plete
kəmˈplēt
adjective
adjective: complete; comparative adjective: completer; superlative adjective: completest
  1. 1.
    having all the necessary or appropriate parts.

    • synonyms:entire, whole, full, total; More
      uncut, unabridged
    • having run its full course; finished.

      synonyms:finished, ended, concluded, completed, finalized; More
      accomplished, achieved, discharged, settled, done;


    verb
    verb: complete; 3rd person present: completes; past tense: completed; past participle: completed; gerund or present participle: completing
  1. 1.
    finish making or doing.


    synonyms:
    finished, ended, concluded, completed, finalized;
    accomplished, achieved, discharged, settled, done;
    informalwrapped up, sewn up, polished off

    finish, end, conclude, finalize, wind up;
    informalwrap up, sew up, polish off



  2. My reason: I want to complete things this year. My classes, my goals, my scrapping n cardmaking. I purchased alot of classes over the years and never followed through with any of them but 1. So this is my main objective in 2017. I want to complete 3 before buying 1, this will go into my scrapping too eliminate 3 before buying one. I have alot of unfinished themed albums/projects/layouts I started and want to complete.
Yep that is what I want to do this year is to complete what I started. I'm taking on one class at a time and completing that before going onto the next one.


If you have read down to here I thank you for hanging out with me, you are a trooper :) I've learned over the past year that I do best scrapping if I have a monthly kit ready and I thank Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for that! I also know that I spend alot of time looking for information on Facebook when I need dates or stories of the pictures I have so to conquer that issue I will keep a steno notepad handy to write down the date and the information needed for the photos that I grab from there (Grandkids and Great Grandkids pictures). The current photos I have, I will take an hour or 2 a week to look up information for those and the stories so then they are ready to be scrapped when the time is right. I want to gather all the photos I have in the room and get them to one central photo file. Layouts completed will be putaway weekly if not daily as to not have piles (what I'll be working on tomorrow seperating that large stack of layouts and getting them into albums so the household and guests could see them if they wanted too. Yes I think 2017 is gonna be a good year! I'm in a good place in my life at the moment :)

Do you have your 2017 Goals set........












5 comments:

  1. I'm working on mine but haven't finalized it all yet. I'm definitely looking at switching things up this year. I like your OLW, it's a good one. Great plan on collecting picture info as you get the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do up a blog post of my goals as well. I didn't do one last year and I like being able to go back and see what goals I met. You have chosen a great word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori :) I like to do it for the same reason to look back on it if needed :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a great plan in place Tina! I have projects that need to be finished as well and that is my goal for this year. That and getting my crafty space cleaned out and re organized as well. Will see how that goes! For my private life, I want to get some of Dwayne's clothing donated, so clean out closet's and drawers. Go from there. My 2017 isn't starting out well, furnace stopped working sometime last night so no heat. I have no clue what to do. One son is coming over soon to look at it. Problem is the furnace is over 60 years old!!! Pray for me my friend to guide me into making the right decisions! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete