Sunday, August 27, 2017

Friends Forever for Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge

Good morning :) Prayers go out to all that are in Hurricane Harvey's path. I can understand a bit of how vicious and devastating water can be especially from hurricanes.

We are canning tomatoes this weekend as it's Little League weekend and seems to be a tradition of ours here at the house to watch the game on the tube and can tomatoes. But today is also a new challenge month over at Lasting Memories. This month's theme is All About Patterns and today's challenge is Use some polka dots on your layout somewhere.
 This layout was created for this summer's LOAD Mini: Now and Then (is the movie that the prompts were based from). This layout is Day 1: Now and Then is all about friendship. Create a layout about a friendship in your life, either current, past, or one that’s lasted through the years. Beth is my bestest friend since I can remember. She stood by me and helped me through one of the roughest times in my life, being a mother at 16. We met during Kindergarten and been together throughout our youth and teen years. Drifting apart when we got married, but always seem to get reacquainted at various jobs and now on social media.
I used the sketch Make it Monday No. 92 over at The Memory Nest for the layout:
 
This was a fun sketch to play with and the DT had alot of variations of the sketch to help you with the sketch.
My journaling block. A little bit on how Beth and I met and our life together as friends. So many memories I have with this girl and shame we don't have the pictures available to tell those memories. One advantage the kids have nowadays with the phones and social media.
 I used my last month counterfeit kit for the layout including the buttons that I added to the kit :) Geometric Splatter I was glad that I left the kit on my desk and it got used quite abit this month versus last month. Shame I think this month was the 1st month I haven't created a kit since I started following Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog but will be back into it next month :)
 It was fun using the different 6 X ^papers on the layout and 3 of the 4 had polka dots with in the pattern design. I used a project life card, lots of stickers from my newest purchase at the Dollar Tree and the CTMH chipboard pieces. A gold doily for the center to bring the 4 parts of the layout together.
Beth and I at 16 yrs old, late spring or early summer of 1979, besties for life :)
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your creation for this fun challenge this week linked up over at Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge



6 comments:

  1. Great layout, and love the story of your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this sketch!-especially the journaling box! Thanks for joining in again at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout Tina...love your story of friendship as well. Great use of the sketch and love the Polka Dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the grid along with you doily.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tribute to a lasting friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, what a beautiful page!! Love the colors and how you used the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete