Monday, August 7, 2017

Summer Day for a Stick It Down Double Page Challenge

Hello and welcome :) It was a very busy but a very relaxing weekend too :) We went to a tractor show in Stoystown, PA, a small show but a fun show too :) We spent alot of Saturday checking out the area and seeing a couple of the local sites. We went and saw the Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, but we ended up missing quite a bit of it cause we didn't realized that we could walk around the actual grounds and there is a building that we didn't get to see. So I may take a jaunt down there on my own one day or we'll check it out next year when we're at Alum Bank Tractor Show. We also went to the Somerset Historical Center which was fantastic seeing the museum and the living history part of it too :) We had a great tour of the building by Jacob one of the tour guides so future layouts to come from this past weekend.
So this is the Double Page Sketch for this month at Stick It Down:
and this is the layout I created for this sketch:
These pictures have been around my craft desk a bit trying to decide how to scrap them and then I realized this layout is perfect for these pictures :) I used doilies for the circles in the sketch and some misting on my background paper. Our Great-Grandkids: the twins Reyn and Quinn and Waylon if a fantastic set of photos from last summer. The person that did the photo shoot really brought out some sweet facial expressions from the kids.
 The left side of the page is the girls :) I used last month's counterfeit kit: Geometric Splatter for my background paper and the project life card. I also used the glitter stars from that same kit. The rubons I used have been with the pictures since I decided to scrap them. The enamel dots are from a previous kit that I still have on my craft desk (which is in need a good clean off :)
 A project life card for the journaling. Sweet Quinn in the Salmon bow
 and cute little Reyn in the Pink bow ( a change of pace for her as she is usually in purple :)
 The right side of the layout has a picture of Waylon and a picture of all 3 together. I added the title of the layout to one of the doilies and some journaling about the one photo on the one doily.
 OMgosh this photo is so cute and so special too :)
A great picture of Waylon he is the best little Big Brother for these girls always helping out Mom with them :).
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your creation for the Double Page layout this month linked up over at Stick It Down.


4 comments:

  1. Cute double pager Tina. I just realised we share CKC and Stick it down, my 2 design teams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page. Love how you used the doilies and such sweet pictures.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable pages, love the way the doilies pick up on the hair bows. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of doilies rather than the circles is a great idea and are perfect for these super cute photos of your great grandchildren! What a lovely spread!

    ReplyDelete